The decision to place a loved one in a care facility is often very difficult for families. Shortly after placement, many realize that their loved one is happy, in a safe environment, and receiving the care they need. Hale Kūʻike offers peace of mind to families with the knowledge that their loved one is in a supportive environment especially created to meet their emotional, social and physical needs.
Hale Kūʻike is based on a social rather than an institutional model. We stress a home-like setting that promotes freedom, choice and familiarity. A three year study by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University found the following benefits of this approach:
“Residents have a slower rate of deterioration than residents at traditional nursing homes, they stay physically active longer, that they spend three times as much time socializing with other residents and that their families visit more often.”
Overview of the Admission Process
- The first step is to arrange a tour to become familiar with Hale Kūʻike’s surroundings and programs.
- If you are interested in pursuing an admission, please fill out the Application and return it to Hale Kūʻike. Click here to download the Application.
- A nurse from Hale Kūʻike will conduct a pre-admission assessment with the potential resident.
- Once the assessment is complete and the admission is planned, we will provide forms for the physician to complete.
- The admission will be arranged by Hale Kūʻike’s team with the family.